Monday, April 16, 2012

Market Baskets

Not making much headway on my baskets.  Life has sure been busy the past couple of weeks.  However I finally decided what I was going to do about the basket handles.

A little construction

I made "couture" handles for the largest baskets.  Think I will keep those and get the appliqué done and put them together before I tackle the next size.

And a little deconstruction.

Decided I could not stand that color basket handle on all of the smallest baskets, so off with their heads!
Now to decide what colors to make them.

Check out Judy's  to see what is going on in other places.

6 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

You've made so great baskets!

I have this pattern...and haven't really been motivated to make it. But, seeing your FUN baskets have inspired me to...dig this pattern out! Thank YOU =)

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

carol fun said...

This one is shaping up nicely - and while deconstruction isn't easy, it is better to change it now than have to live with it forever. Happy stitching!

One Minnesota Quilter said...

I have always liked this pattern - don't have it though. Look forward to seeing what you do!

Best to fix whatever is bugging you now.....

Judy

Chris said...

Don't you hate it when life cuts into your quilting time??? LOL

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

Your baskets are looking good. You are far ahead of me. I am moving along with my JN quilt so maybe in the near future I can work on my basket quilt.

MB in MI said...

Lookin' good, Perry!! Keep going! :-)