Thursday, March 4, 2010

Quilting Stuff



Isn't this fabric cute?  I am going to make a baby quilt out of it.  If I can just get to it.  I think in another 2 weeks I will be able to get back to doing some quilting.  I have a couple of things I have to get done first.


One of the things that I "had to do" was try to bring some semblance of order to my quilting room.  Not there yet, but working on it.  This is a picture of the "4 inch squares" I have received over the last several years from Cotton Club.  I receive their newsletter with these squares 10 times a year.  They always have unusual fabrics and I buy all of my Fossil Fern from there.  When you can't find a fabric you need for a project, you can always use a Fossil Fern. Don't know what I am going to do with them yet, but I will figure out something I imagine.

This is a picture of my batik stash.  I have not decided what to do with it yet.  I don't want to put it into containers because most of it is fat quarters or 1/3 yards.  I guess I need to seperate it out into quilts, lol. Anyone want to volunteer to come help me tackle it?  I just love them and have to keep eyes averted when I see them.   I notice my favorite online shop is now carrying more batiks than ever.  And they also have a quilt kit that I am totally in love with.  Fabric just seems to be getting prettier every year.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Peri,
It is so nice to see you back blogging. I love your quilt area and I am a huge fan of batiks. Our local quilt store has a section of older designs where you can buy batiks for 10 dollars a meter- sometimes I can even find them for as little as 3 meters for 20 dollars. I recently bought some for that price. I now have about four big boxes of them. They are so beautiful I hate to cut in to them LOL If I don't want to buy any I have to stay away from the store - I just can't resist!

There are so many gorgeous fabrics out there - I just got batting from Connecting Threads as they had it for 30 percent off- a very good buy compared to what I can find here.

Hope Aud is feeling well and you too.
Warmest regards,
Anna

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, at least for now. said...

I envy you, the quilts are gorgeous! I made a crazy quilt top and no guidance from there as to how to put a quilt together, so all I have his my silly crazy quilt top in a basket lol.