Friday, October 22, 2010

Ms Aud turns 94!

Miss Aud had her 94th birthday on Monday October 11th.  I asked my daughters if they wanted to drive to Dallas with us to eat seafood at Pappadeau's on the Saturday before.

On the Friday before, we went to the oxygen place to pick up some small "on demand" oxygen canisters to take with us to Dallas so there would be oxygen available if needed.

Aud wanted some fried chicken from Popeye's, so we stopped on the way home from the oxygen place and ate some.  It didn't taste just right to me but food hasn't tasted right in a while, so I didn't think too much about it.  Well, around midnight, I did think about it, but I was ok by around 4.  Poor Aud, she wasn't,  and Saturday morning she was just not able to go with Summer and I to Dallas.  My younger daughter had previous commitments and was not able to join us.

Aud, do you want us to bring you something?  No......

We drove to Dallas and went to Pappadeau's.  We had a wonderful meal.  I ate fried crab claws and crab cakes with crawfish, and Summer had scallops.  And we had Greek Salad, and rolls and butter, and their wonderful fried onion rings, and it was scrumptious!!!!  Both of us ate "the whole thing" and it was enormous, lol.

We left OKC at 9:30 and were back in OKC by 5:30.......

....what did you bring me to eat?
...nothing, you said you didn't want anything....
...well, I started to call you, but I figured you would bring me something
..sorry

So now we are going to go to Dallas "the first day I feel good enough to go"......
and she hasn't been feeling super good for the last week so we haven't gone yet, but I am ready.....

That is the only thing I really miss about Houston, other than my friends there.

No comments: