Monday, December 24, 2007

Challenge Quilt Week 3 & Merry Christmas!

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope it is the best one yet for each and everyone of you.


I am very pleased with the way my challenge quilt is turning out. Sometimes when I see a quilt in my mind and buy fabric accordingly, I am not real sure I am going to like the outcome. But this one is looking like I thought it would and that is wonderful.

I think I am going to add another small border between the black one and the large red one, but I have to sew all of the blocks together first and determine if I have enough scraps to do that. I would like it to be a little larger and I think a small pieced border between the two might look good. Anyone have an opinion?

I am in this challenge with Nicole, Lisa, and Cindy so you might want to check their blogs to see their progress. I think we are about where we should be for now, but who knows, lol.

7 comments:

antique quilter said...

the quilt is looking wonderful!
isn't it fun to work on projects with others.
I enjoy that a lot.
Keeps me motivated!
Kathie

CONNIE W said...

Merry Christmas to you & yours. CW

Juliann in WA said...

You are really moving on this quilt. I finally found one of the books at the library so I can keep up with your challenge. Merry Christmas.

Lisa D. said...

Wow, Perry - your quilt is AMAZING and looks almost done too! Yes, I think you should add another pieced border just so you won't finish before the rest of us. Make it really complicated, too! lol Stunning quilt, my friend.

Nicole said...

Oh Perry, that is going to be SOME quilt! Love it! What fabric group is that again? OMG, it is gorgeous! Happy holidays!

Yvonne said...

Merry Christmas Perry....your quilt is awesome!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! Love your header!