Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Have Quilts!

Finally, in spite of eye problems, etc, I have in my hot little hands, two quilts with binding finished, washed,  and ready to  use.


This is my Road to Oklahoma.  I have collected reds, blues and offwhites since I started quilting in 1999 and finally started a quilt out of them in 2007.  Now it is finally finished!  


This is my version of Diamond in the Rough, a pattern by Deborah Maddy.  I took a class at the local quiltstore taught by Marilyn Karper about 2008 because I figured that was the only way I would ever make a quilt with this block.  However, this is "my way".  I did the sashing and borders differently than the pattern calls for.  The fabric is all Thimbleberries except for the backgrounds, and they are just offwhite small prints. The back of the quilt is composed of large squares of the Thimbleberry fabrics I used in the quilts.

My Luna Notte is at the quilter's and it should be done in a couple of months.  I feel like I have some progress going on!!!


3 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

Beautiful Peri - just beautiful- I love the second one particularly. You do such nice work and always have wonderful fabrics.
Nice to see what you are up to these days.
A big hug to you and Aud.
Regards,
Anna

AnnieO said...

You make big quilts and those take time! Congrats on getting finishes--how satisfying to see the beautiful tops turning into quilts to treasure!

MB in MI said...

I agree with Annie--big quilts do take time. They're beautiful! And i love the lilies in your blog header!