Monday, September 20, 2010

Design Wall Monday


Updated photos of Road to Oklahoma
quilt.

Thank you Judy, for providing a place to for this every week.

One of these days I will be through with this quilt I hope. My piecing sure isn't looking real good these days.


Finally broke down and bought a new iron.  My expensive Rowenta bit the dust, (those irons are not worth the money), so I found a good old Black and Decker on Amazon, and it is great.  Not super heavy, but enough so, and automatic settings for steaming, and I am very happy with it. 

Spent the weekend watching football games with Aud and reading.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is the first book of  trilogy by Stieg Larsson.  I read it several months ago and finally got around to reading the other two.

The Girl Who Played with Fire was read Saturday evening until 6 am on Sunday.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest was read Sunday evening until 4 am on Monday.

I really enjoyed these.  I know everyone else has probably read them, but I can't read like most people, when I start a book I want to finish it. So, that is done.

I have downloaded a book called The Last Kingdom by Bernard Caldwell from Amazon for my Ipad.   It is the first book of the Saxon Chronicles Series. I guess I will tackle it soon. 

I love historical novels, especially those dealing with King Arthur.  He was real, right? lol

There is a story there, but not now.  This is already too long. 

Hope everyone's week is going well. I am going to watch Dancing with the Stars, :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice quilt, very pretty, and I love stars! I had to go buy a new iron yesterday too. I was sewing along merrily all weekend and all of a sudden yesterday it got really hot and actually almost burned my block that I was working on and I had to start it all over again. It has been hot here and the AC is running, I was thinking maybe it was a power surge. That puppy went in the trash!

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilt. You did good kiddo. Love the stars (as in Texas) and the colors. You're the best.

Auntie Pami said...

I am downsizing some books and I too love King Arthur--I have the soundtrack to Camelot and know all the words. If you email me, I'll pack them off to you. Sorry about the oxygen issue. My Dad was on O2 for quite a while, tried all different kinds of delivery systems. At the end, he was on liquid O2 and it's quieter and seemed to work better. Hope your Mom does get better. But, if she needs the O2, it's important to have the right kind that works for her & you! Love your quilts.