Friday, October 12, 2007

Aud's 91st Birthday

Today, now yesterday, was my mother's birthday. She is now 91 years old and going strong. My oldest daughter took Aud and myself to a local restaurant called Abuelo's for dinner. We had a wonderful meal and a couple of drinks and dessert. They don't sing happy birthday to you there but we had dessert on the house. I had guacomole enchiladas with a cream sauce containing shrimp, mushrooms, red peppers, and other delights. It was really, really good.

Of course I forgot to take my camera with me so I have no picture of this occasion. However, several months ago my oldest grandchild, Jackson, called and asked Aud (short for Audrey, by the way) and myself to come stay with him while his parents were out of town and his younger brother was away at camp.

Jackson is 17 years old, and has stayed by himself before, but I think he just wanted the company and someone to cook some meals, and most of all, someone to play monopoly with. The kid loves to play monopoly and no one will ever play with him. We had a great time by the way. Hanging out with a teenager like Jackson is fun. We ate, watched movies, went swimming, and played monopoly for 3 days. Both Aud and I were ready to come home so we could get some sleep by then. We were going to get Jackson's right ear pierced but when we called to get permission from his parents, they said no way. They are in their 40's and don't have a sense of humor, lol. I told him when he turned 18 I would get his ear pierced for a birthday present.

I did take pictures then, so here is a picture of Jackson and Aud playing monopoly. I won, by the way. She is aging well, right? We should all be so lucky!

No comments: