Monday, March 31, 2008

Cookies!!!!!

I think I have turned into a native Oklahoman. There are storms in the state this evening and I have had the dumb tv on for 5 hours watching this tornado watch and warning come ever closer and closer. We have had hail and lots of wind and rain, but thank goodness no tornado close by.

However there was one that touched down north of us not too far away. I have watched it go over the small town on the west side of OKC that my youngest daughter lives in and now I am watching it go over the town to the north my oldest daughter lives in. They are showing pictures of the damage that the tornado caused to the north. So far there are no deaths, thank goodness.

So, to keep my mind from going bonkers as I watch this wonderful spectable on tv , I have decided to tell you about my favorite storebought cookie . I never could get it in Houston during the summer, but I can't remember if it is available up here during the summer or not.

Anyway, I just love them to the point that when I buy a package of them, I know I will eat all 12 of them in the space of two days. This is the only cookie I have ever found in the grocery store that I will buy and know that I will enjoy it. When they are fresh, and this package was, they are so good, they just melt in your mouth. They are covered with dark chocolate, and there is a marshmellow type filling in it. Oooh, it is so good....I saved you one bite, but then I decided to eat it, lol. SO GOOD!!!!!


Now I ask you, what is your very favorite store bought cookie? Inquiring minds want to know!

13 comments:

Carol said...

OMG those look lethal...I'll bet I'd eat the whole bag in 2 days too...dark chocolate and marshmellow...I'm right there.

Julia said...

Those look yummy!! I am not much of a cookie eater but, I really like Gingersnaps, dunked in milk of course. :)
I hope the tornadoes bypass you all!

dee said...

OMG Marshmallow and chocolate...stop the maddness!!!
I was always a closet Scooter pie junkie and then I discovered those pinwheels thingies. I reasoned that since they were much smaller than Scooters, I would be consuming less calories BWWAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHA. There is only one other cookie I would buy from package and that is the ones with marshmallow on top of a graham cookie. Forget the name and they're awful for you-lucky for me they aren't around much anymore. Thanks a bunch Peri-now I need to go to the store!

zizzybob said...

There is only one cookie worth mentioning, Pepperidge Farm Milanos. Bet you can't eat just one.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I love Pinwheels too and it's hard to resist when they are around. I am trying to lose weight so no Pinwheels lately.

And your last post with all the wonderful quilty links is dangerous. Makes me want everything!

Betty J in OKC said...

I was awake watching the same storms. My favorite cookis are Keebler's Grasshoppers and PB filled PB cookies.

Libby said...

I think we used to have something very similar when I was little. *yummy*

Gena in Dallas said...

I added a comment hours ago and it never showed up. Glad you didn't get worse storms than you got! MY favorite store-bought cookie has always been Fudge Stripes.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am gonna tell you, those are my all time FAVORITE cookie. I'm like you I can eat the whole pkg. And there even better cold. OMG!!! Now you've made me wanna go buy a package. Darn you!! If it's not fabric, it's cookies.

Three Birds Inspired said...

Hydrox were my favorite but they don't make them anymore (or at least I can't find them anywhere!) so my new favorite are Vienna Fingers especially dunked in cold milk. Dang - now I'm hungry for them!

MARCIE said...

Pinwheels-Tornados? I think I detect a theme here. At least you are prepared with chocolate if the big one hits--which I hope it doesn't!

Mar said...

I love a good shortbread cookie, there aren't many I don't like tho!

Nan said...

How I love Pinwheels! I purposely don't buy them very often, because I will eat them ALL in very short order! I think my favorite store-bought confection is Mother's Taffy cookies. I also love Keebler's Grasshopper cookies. I am going on a store-bought cookie diet now!! LOL