Saturday, March 8, 2008

Piece & Plenty, Calico Craze, Grandchildren

I have been twiddling my thumbs since Thursday when my phone and DSL line got cut, thanks to the person who marked the yard so we could repair our fence. I have had serious internet withdrawal, a WHOLE THREE DAYS!!!! with no internet!! Ohhhhh, I think I am going to faint just thinking about it again!

With all of this time on my hands I actually got a little quilting done, lol. I now have 6 Calico Craze blocks done. It is coming off the design wall because I need to concentrate on the Web Sampler and there is not room for both of them up there. So you won’t see it for a while I don’t think.



Here is Piece and Plenty in all of its glory. I cannot believe I have managed to stay up with this BOM. It sure takes a lot of time, but gosh, I am loving these blocks! 6 months completed! I get a great big star! Kudos to Fat Quarter Shop for the nice way this BOM has been handled. Everything is right with the blocks when you get them. It is amazing!



Here is a picture of Kyra with her hair braided in a heart for Valentine's Day. Isn't this a neat idea? I know I am a little late with this, but it could be for Easter too! :>)



Here are Kyle and Aud, playing cards.


And here is Kyle laughing his head off because he is beating us!!! He spent a couple of days with us about the time I got sick and we had a great time. Played Crazy 8 until I thought I would turn into one, lol.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so good keeping up with those basket blocks, I am so jealous , I still haven't made even one ! The calico craze blocks are great, I loved that range.

Carol said...

I am just nuts about your Calico Craze blocks and those Piece and Plenty blocks are out of this world. I need to do some WS blocks too.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Your sewing machine must be smoking! I love the blocks, and also Kyra's braid. Did you do that?

Julia said...

I love the Calico Craze, it is going to be a fantastic quilt.
What fun, playing cards with your grandson!! :o)
Are you feeling all better, are you done with the breathing treatments?

Cindy said...

Boy you have been really productive. I forgot to tell you I did get my background fabric for Calico Craze. Love Piece & Plenty too. Wonder when I will start mine. LOL. Love Kyra's hair. Did her mom do that?

MARCIE said...

Great looking blocks for both projects. Nice job! Cute kiddos too!

Texan said...

ewwwwww your quilts are going to be beautiful!!!!!

The heart hair braid was so cute :O)...

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hey Perry!!! I love your Peace and Plenty blocks. OMG those are wonderful. Love the other ones too. Great colors. Kyle is hysterical there laughing. Are you sure HE didn't cut your phone lines???? LOL!!

Kim said...

Peace and Plenty of LAUGHTER at your house! Beautiful quilty things and smiles.

Shelina said...

You certainly have been busy with PLENTY of blocks. They are all great - and you are great for keeping up with them! The braid is pretty.

Libby said...

Three days - no internet! *yikes* I don't know if I could manage *s*
What a cute braid - perfect for Valentine's day . . . imagine it for a little flower girl.

Mar said...

Oh thanks for the picture of your Piece and Plenty progress, I need to get busy! It's looking great!

Lynette Anderson said...

I love both the quilts you are making that are on your design wall, great colours.

Nan said...

3 days without internet?!? I would be totally lost, that's for sure! Love all your blocks, they are beautiful. Great photos of the grandkids, too!