Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Iron, PIF, Weather Rant

Su Bee tagged me to discuss the iron I am currently using. It is a Rowenta Effective. I know everyone has a love/hate relationship with them, but I think I finally found the right one, and it was only 50 bucks at my local Linens and Things. I have had it about a year and it does everyting I need it to do. It stays on, but not hot, and when I need to iron something, I just move it a little, and it heats up very quickly. And when I get stupid and get gunk on it when I am appliquing I can get the gunk off with wax paper.

It does have a sprayer on it also. I have had 2 other Rowentas that were much more expensive, and they both had issues, but this one I really do like. Su Bee also asked for opinions from other quilters, so I am tagging Cindy because I know she just bought one that she is very fond of. I am also going to tag Carol , Nicole , Lisa , Beth , and Miss Geranium herself to tell us about their irons.


I had a Play it Forward last November, and Mel signed up. I was finally able to honor my commitment to her and this is her PIF. I know she has received it, and I think she was very pleased with it.


Went to the doctor for follow-up on my bronchitis. I am much better but still have to use the breathing machine for the rest of this week to be sure everything is out of my lungs. I had to get some groceries and run some errands for Aud and I, and by the time I got home I was coughing again a lot. So I am totally worn out and coughing my fool head off. And I am tired of talking about not being well, so I am going to close out that subject, lol.

I am sick, sick, sick, of this weather! Yesterday we had nice warm weather in the 70's (I think, it felt like it) in the morning and then we had tornados come through here in later afternoon and then it rained and the wind sounded like howling banshees, and when I got up this morning we were back in the 30's. Oklahoma! I have decided everyone else's weather meets here, fights about which way it is going, and then, having left us a taste of what it is packing, goes it's merry way. So tomorrow, we have a pretty good chance of snow. I am so excited!!!

I may have to go back down the rabbit hole and seal it up if we don't see some good spring weather soon. Of course now is the official beginning of the violent weather season here in OK. At least that is a sign of spring, albeit not a pleasant one. I have seen some of my bulbs sprouting, but the yard is in such bad shape I am not posting any pictures. It needs so much work, and during one of our winds, part of the back fence blew down, and it will be another month before that gets fixed.

Maybe if I stand real still and look in all directions I will see spring come dancing down the street soon! Are we ready? YES!!! Wonder if it would do any good to write my Congressman about the weather? LOL!!


And someone tagged me to tell you'll 7 things about myself but I can't find the email that told me to tell you, lol. And I do remember emailing her last week to tell her I would get to it, but meanwhile, the subject I am no longer talking about happened, lol. SO, if you are out there and are reading this, please contact me again. I apologize, and am going to blame it on dementia, lol.

10 comments:

Shelina said...

I do hope you feel better soon. I had the nebulizer or something similar once, in the doctor's office, and it worked immediately.
Our weather is weird too - it was 70 yesterday, and it dropped 30 degrees today and has been raining for hours.

Lisa D. said...

I'm sorry you're still feeling so lousy. I hope your lungs clear up soon. That bronchitis is nasty stuff.

Carol said...

Oh I am so sad that you are feeling badly again...take it slow...

Nicole said...

Whenever I get a cold, it turns into some kind of miserable asthma related thing that keeps me coughing for months, so I have an idea what you are going through. Hope you feel better soon.
Tornados seem so terrifying to me. I wouldn't trade our earthquakes for them!

Libby said...

I have some model of Rowenta and never really thought about the love/hate relationship before, but it's true . . . so tru. I purchased mine at Costco and they are very good about returns. So I just save the box and receipt and go on my merry way *s*

Sheri said...

Hope your feeling better.
It seems to me irons don't get as hot as they used to. My imagination I suppose.
Sheri

Red Geranium Cottage said...

You over did it that's why you had that coughing again. I told you to take care of your self missy.
I will post my iron tomorrow. I'm a thinkin that we have the same one. LOL!!!
Hugs

Val said...

I have the same thing. I am coughing again and thought mine was gone too. It seems to linger. Hope you feel better & I love your blog.

Ross said...

hi perry this is ross (gena's son) thank you for the happy birthday. my mom has done a wonderful job too. i love her so much. and she is a great quilter

MARCIE said...

I bet Mel loved the gift you sent! I had to enlarge it to really see it, but those fabrics are just what she loves, I think. You should show us the little quilt again so it shows off better. I wonder if you are getting that nasty weather that is blowing across the nation? Take warm and stay home and sew! That's my advice!