Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Shopping Report

I love The Fat Quarter Shop.

It is always with mixed emotions I open her Monday or Friday email and then go to Kimberly's site and look around. She always has the newest fabric and just when you think you might be safe for a week or so, she springs something else on us, lol. Well, I think she has outdone herself this week. There are several things on there I have to have, and I want everyone else to be as tempted as I am.

Remember, we have to boost the economy, and we have a refund coming, which the IRS gurus have spent 41 million to tell us all we are going to get in May. There is something wrong with that picture, right?

The new Patchwork Party is going to start pretty soon and this is the finishing kit she has. Isn't it gorgeous? It makes me want the Prairie Paisley line more than ever. I am going to have to find something to make this line out of if I don't join the Patchwork Party.

I think I have found the perfect thing for quick Christmas presents! Check this out. There are four different ones, and they are reasonable and will be quick to make and if we get them now before she sells out of them they will be patiently waiting when we hit the panic button in November, lol.

Have you ever seen a batik quilt like this one? It is so fine looking. Just think, if I start it when it gets in I could have an Irish quilt for March 2009 ready to put on the bed.

Here's My Heart Quilt Kit is made from Hemming House and I just love, love, love it! It should be winging its way to me even as we speak. I was just checking all of the links and this seems to have disappeared. I bet she has sold all of them.

The other store you might like is The Cotton Club. They have something new called Berriangles. I got a sample of them and they look very interesting and easy. Might want to check them out.
http://www.cottonclub.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi .

I can always find fabric that I can't find anywhere else, like this . Isn't it gorgeous? And they have a great notion department and carry Aurifil thread in lots and lots of color.

Ok, that's all I am going to share with you this round. I have to get busy now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about doing the Patchwork Party, but I don't need anymore projects! And, I don't like projects that you have to buy special rulers to do them, just an added cost. I do have some of the Prairie Paisley though, I have a kit for it. It is pretty stuff indeed.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OH NO YOU DONT. I'm not looking at none of that. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You are not going to spend more of my money. Oh no your not. LOL!!!!!!!!
I've gotta tell you that tree in your banner is beautiful!!!

Karen said...

Oh, I must thank you for sending me to look at The Cotton Shop. I found some John James Easy Threading needles that I have been looking for. I bought a pack at the quilt show in Houston and have not been able to find them since. They don't cut the thread like the only other brand I could find. I use them for threading the loose ends of threads to the back when I machine applique.

Lisa D. said...

Fat Quarter Shop is always tempting me with something in their newsletters, and you're not helping! I haven't visited the Cotton Club's website in years, but they have some unique stuff, don't they? That toile fabric is fabulous!