Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Sun is Shining!

I am doing a happy dance! The sun has been shining for 2 days, I'm not coughing much at all, and I got some more music and pictures uploaded to my IPod Touch. Now if I can just figure out why I can't send mail from it, I will finally be able to utilize the technology I bought it for.

And, at my LQS sew-in on Wednesday I made some progress on my Kaffe Fassett quilt. I love the way this fabric looks with this pattern. The colors are so rich.


This is a piece of batik I bought yesterday. It is just gorgeous, and I had not seen it before. And the bottle is some spray that takes the place of starch. It is really terrific when you are pressing your blocks. Not sure what it does, but I can tell a difference.


This is a pattern called Modern Thinking and some Kaffe Fassett fabric to go in my KF quilt and a piece from Marcus Bros. that is going to make a wonderful background for something. I bought some of this a couple of months ago, but I like it so much I bought some more of it.

This is the quilt kit that Quiltworks is making from the Modern Thinking pattern. It is all Kaffe Fassett fabric. Isn't it neat looking? I think I am going to make it from batiks (one of these days).


I don't remember whether I have shown you this before. It is called a reducing glass. If you don't have one, invest in one. You will see things when you are making your quilt that you normally would not see during construction.

This is what you see when you look through one. I can tell by looking through this at the Kaffe Fassett that it is all blending together very well and none of the fabrics look out of place.

7 comments:

Libby said...

Enjoy your sunshine . . . we had a few great days here - now some rain is headed our way. I don't mind. It'll get things growing - that's the best part of spring *s*

Betty J in OKC said...

I've got some lt-med yellow batik that I mistakenly bought as yardage that would contrast with the new batik that you bought. Let me know if I can share some with you. :)

Cindy said...

and where do you buy that magnifying thing from. No more sunshine today for us, pouring down rain. URGH

Carol said...

So glad to hear that the sun is shining and your cough is better...YIPPEE! I love Mary Ellen's Best Press.

Latharia said...

Oh, I just love those rich reds!!!!

Lisa D. said...

Your Kaffe Fassett quilt is just stunning, Perry. And that Modern Thinking pattern is just fabulous - that would be great in batiks!

Nan said...

I agree with Lisa, Perry - your quilt is gorgeous! I use a reducing glass, too, and I love it! It has kept me from making some ghastly fabric-choosing mistakes!!