Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quiltathon March 18th

Click on Title for the Quiltathon link.

I have done all I can do for one day. I have my hsts made and my squares marked to sew on the edges of these hsts. Then I will fuse on the leaves I showed earlier. Thanks to Judy for giving me the impetus to sew today. I thoroughly enjoyed it even though I had to do part of it last night and the rest tonight.


One side of hsts sewn. I had to quit, it was after 11.


Marking and sewing the half square triangles.

Ironing on the Soft Fuse for the "leaves" that go on the half square triangles. I will probably do a blanket stitch by machine on them.

Cutting out the large squares for the half square triangles

This is called Gatsby and is a Timeless Treasures collection. The pattern is on the Timeless Treasure website.

9 comments:

Busy Little Quilter said...

It looks like you were really busy during the Quiltathon! Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

Stephanie D said...

I really like that fabric, even though I am not a blended fabrics quilt type of person.

Thanks for popping in and leaving a comment on my string quilt. I had thought about trying to find a slate blue fabric or dark chocolate brown fabric for a 1 inch border, then 3"strips of the other fabrics as a border, then repeat the chocolate or blue for 4 inch border. (The squares are 5 1/2 inches, and DD pretty much chose dark, warm colors). Do you think squares would look better than strips? Since I'm putting these together in a rain pattern (all slanted the same way) I wasn't sure what to do with the multicolors but thought they should be in a border somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

The more I look at that there Gatsby, the more likely it is I'm going to fold -- big quilt show next weekend and I bet the vendors will have it . . . .

n, np

Shelina said...

It doesn't look like Shakespeare in the Park, but it is pretty. Love the fabrics, and you've made tremendous progress.

jacquie said...

Wow, you got a lot done. Wasn't it great of Judy to do this? This is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see it put together.

May Kristin said...

You have done a lot! Look forward to see more of your quilt!

Nicole said...

I love that fabric group! In fact, I am pretty sure I have it. Love your project.
Also, that blooming tree on your banner is amazing.

Karen said...

Love the tree picture on your header.

I checked out the Gatsby pattern. Good choice. And now I will go check out the Christmas pattern.

Nan said...

Beautiful fabric and beautiful pattern! Thank you for the inspiration, Perry.