Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Found a New Energy Source!, Seam Ripper, Web Sampler, Ironing Board

This is a picture of my brain! See all the lights? They are full of the energy being converted from the coughing I am doing because of the breathing machine I am using to clear out the crud in my lungs! There should be a way to harness this. With all of the people having this junk just look at the energy that is being wasted! Write your congressmen and senators. What an idea!

This is called a Nebulizer. It is what is helping me get the crud out of my lungs, aka bronchitis. When I went to the Doctor on Thursday, she gave me a shot and a breathing treatment with this. No flu or pneumonia, thank goodness. And thanks to everyone who has asked about me. I am still not totally well, but my sense of humor is coming back and when I'm not coughing or sneezing and can think a little, I am feeling better. Have to use this three times a day for I don't know how long. It gives me the shakes for about an hour, which is not fun, but I am better!




This is my ironing board. I can't remember who was asking about them, sorry about that, but this is mine. It is called a "big board", it fits over a regular ironing board. I bought it in 1999 when I first started quilting and it is on it's second cover. I don't know what I would do without it. It holds all the essential ironing stuff for quilting. No one in this house ever irons clothes, lol.




This is the pathetic output I have managed to accomplish on the Web Sampler Celebration. Severl of us are doing this. I am going to put links in the sidebar to all who are doing this quilt that I know of. E-mail me or post here if you are interested in being in the group and I will add you to the list.





This is Urban Garden, made from Free Spirit's collection of the same name. It came out to be 93 x 93. This is the quilt I was going to give my youngest granddaughter, but instead gave her another one more suitable for a young lady, lol. I just love it, it has been on my bed the whole month of February. Now it is time for a change.




Remember ths snazzy little gadget? I had several people ask about it, so I went looking. Below is a link to a review by Quilter's Review and the manufacture's name and phone number are in there. It comes in 3 colors! Enjoy!


10 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Love the web sampler - I thought about joining you all but I think my plate is full enough.

Paula said...

Breathing is so essential to life....LOL! Glad you are doing better. Just about any drug they put in a nebulizer gives you the shakes. Maybe you'll be so much better in a very short time and you won't need it anymore!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What is that mess of colorful lights cause I know it's not your brain really. LOL!! Is it???? I am glad your on the mend again. Love your civil war blocks. I wanna do it but I've got so much going on already. Yours looks great though.

Carol said...

Glad you're feeling better...not feeling good and not being able to breathe right is just the most miserable. Your WS blocks look great. I really like putting them together.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Glad you're better, Perry. I noticed the heart quilt behind your ironing board. I just started making one by that same design, but mine are all polka dot hearts on pink/black backgrounds. You might have seen the cutout hearts on my blog.I have a question: did you glue the hearts or pin them or what before you stitced them down?
I have a big board too. The husband of the lady who runs our quilt shop makes them--or he used to. I've had mine for several years too.
I hope you continue to improve. Love your sampler blocks.

Val said...

I hope you can continue to improve. I have had the same stuff and it just lingers on. I will pray for you.

Libby said...

Glad the nebulizer is helping you on the road to recovery. Your sampler blocks look great *s*

SuBee said...

Dang, if you can't breathe everything else just never goes right! So glad you're perking up - maybe getting TAGGED will get the juices flowing? Go see my lastest post.......

Cheryl said...

Good to hear you are doing better and you have got your sense of humor back! Love all the eye candy in your post!

Sewing Empire said...

Glad to know you are ok now. Can you please suggest me best sewing machines under $500.