Monday, October 13, 2008

Kansas Shop Hop - Part 10

Salina was the farthest store we went to, and when we started back to Wichita we went through Newton to go to Charlotte's Sew Natural.

There were some cute samples in this store and several of the patterns are ones that Charlotte, who is the owner, has crafted. This is a cute table runner that is one of her patterns.
Not sure whose head I cut off here....lol...
Another table runner pattern from Charlotte.


Interesting quilt. You can order her patterns from her web site. As usual everyone was very friendly and I found some batiks in there that I liked, plus some patterns.


It was almost dark when we were leaving and we noticed 3 different colored fire plugs on the streets. Some of them were silver and red, some were silver and black, and some were silver and blue. Have no idea why they were different colors. Didn't appear to be any rhyme or reason.


All day long Kathy had been fretting about the car pulling to the right and talking about it needing to be aligned. I had laughingly ask her if she had checked the tire pressure and of course she hadn't. Well, when we walked out of the Newton store I just happened to look at the tire. It was way low....
Kathy, we have to stop and get some air....as we pass a filling station. Oh there is another one down the road, we will stop there, so we keep on driving and reach the edge of town.
By now Kathy has called Kim to tell him we will be home shortly (I didn't realize she meant less that 30 mintures) and he wanted us to stop and get some green onions.
We do not pass another gas station and I insist that she turn around and find some air. We stop at a local stop and go and air is 75 cents!!! I am flabbergasted, I didn't know you had to pay for air, and 75 cents? Unreal. Of course we don't have any change so she goes into the store and gets change, and finds out the air pump is out of order, lol. Now Kathy, being one of those people who drives a car and never has to tend to it because she has someone to do it for her, says Kim will take care of it when we get home. I, of course, can see us stuck on the darn freeway after dark with a flat. So, I insist we find some air, which we do eventually, and sure enough, it takes quit a bit. Kathy fills the tire, gets in the car and says, hmmm, that's what that light meant. I could have shaken her by then, but all I could do was laugh.
We did not find any store until we got to Wichita, which was about 20 minutes away, and here we are at Dillon's for the green onions. That is Kathy going into the store for the onions, lol.


We got home ok, and the onions were for the cajun talapia that Kim had fixed, along with some dirty rice. Oooh, it was so good!!! How wonderful to be gone all day and have dinner ready when you get home! So we fiddled around and then had the jalepeno dip that I had bought, and went to bed fairly early because we were both just beat. We had been to a total of 6 stores.
That was Saturday. We only had 2 stores left for Sunday, and as it turned out, we found one more open. That will be the next post.
Hope your week is going well!


4 comments:

Carol said...

What a wonderful, wonderful adventure. Great table runners! Paying for air...the last time we needed air, we went through the same thing...no change (cause who knew we were going to have to pay), in the store for change and the dang machine was broken. It was NUTS! Glad you got home safe and sound and had a yummy dinner.

Julia said...

I am just having so much fun coming to your blog everyday and reading about your fun adventure. I am so glad that you were able to go.
The tire pressure thing is making me smile! My lovebug keeps up on my car but, I do know what the lights on my dash mean. :~)

G'G'ma said...

Oh, how much fun. My question is...did you leave your credit card at home? I know how hard it is to resist buying wonderful fabric. Went on a tour with my daughter in Phoenix but had to keep in mind how much room there was in the extra suitcases we brought. Two big cases reached 49 lbs. and we had 2 smallers cases. Can't do that today with all the restrictions!

kcdi said...

I'm just loving this trip! And the tire thing sounds like something that would go on between my hubby and me...I'd be the one saying let's get air now and he'd be the one not worrying about it until we were stranded. LOL!
I love that table runner at the top! Did you get that pattern?