Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bits and Pieces

I have a study, aka "the holding area". This is the room where things land before they head out the door, or land as they come in the door. And there they stay until I decide which way they are headed, in or out.

I keep my quilting books and magazines in here, my cds, dvds, and other miscellaneous junk in the built-in bookcases. I also have a beautiful antique desk, and an antique slipper chair that needs to be recovered in there, but I don't know where this chair is going to end up, so have never recovered it. I have also moved several plastic storage containers full of fabric into this room out of my real quilting room.

I am turning this into another quilting room. I had a Little Gracie II but sold it before I ever used it because I decided I really didn't want to do that part of quilting. I have put the Babylock Quilter's Pro that I bought a year ago and have never used on the table, and the box behind it is my John Flynn quilting frame that I have had for several years and never used. Think there is a pattern here? lol My hope is to finally get everything set up and be able to quilt some table toppers and small items. Who knows when this will happen. Perhaps by saying in black and white (actually black and pale yellow) that I am going to do this will help me get it done.



Isn't this gorgeous? It is Floragraphix by Jason Yenter for In The Beginning. I have oohed and ahhed over this fabric since it came out, and finally found some on sale, so I bought it. Now to figure out what I want to make with it and see if I can find some matching pieces. I am thinking a good blended quilt might be just right.


Here is the latest progress report on my Piece and Plenty Applique Block. Only 4 leaves and 1 ribbon button to go! Yeah! And then on to block 2. I almost got the first block done by the time the new one came, lol.




6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hey, thanks for coming to visit. I love your sewing room. Your Piece and Plenty block is gorgeous!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love the Piece & Plenty block. The colors and fabrics are scrumptious.

Juliann in WA said...

I think I commented on this block before but it really is lovely. I might need to look for that pattern. Enjoy your sewing room makeover.

Lisa D. said...

Your books look so neat and organized - want to come do mine? Love the Floragraphix fabrics. Those are pretty, and of course your basket block is very, very sweet.

Unknown said...

I have that same problem with buying things and never using them. John Flynn's frame is somewhere in a box around here too.

Laura said...

I want to inherit all the stuff you don't want anymore! :-) It's great stuff!