A quilt guild that I belong to is having a quilt challenge. We were given the Mary Englebreit print and the red print that had to be used, and the challenge was to make a small quilt with either the width or length being 24" and the other not being much bigger. I am not at my best in this type of situation, but came up with this.
I don't normally use white in my quilts, but this seemed to call for it. And I extended the center out with a little machine embrodiery work around the edges. I didn't have much fabric left from the center cut so was pretty limited in my choices since this idea did not occure to me until I had finished pieceing the entire thing, and thought it looked too blah. Not real happy with the machine applique on it, but too bad. I don't think applique of any kind is my forte'. Anyway, now I have to quilt it, which is another thing I don't do very often. The finished size will be 24" square.