Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tutorial - Working with your Blog

If you want to link to another url in your post do this:

Type in the name of the person you want to link to:
Perry

Highlight the name and then while it is highlighted select the icon directly to the right of the big T. If you hover over that icon with your mouse you will see it says "Link"

This brings up a window that asks you for the type and the url you want to link to. In this case I want to link to http// and the the url is:
http://okperisplace.blogspot.com/

That is all there is to it. Don't forget to save!

Everyone of the icons across the top of the posting box have meaning. If you hover with your mouse over each one of them it will tell you what it represents. Don't be afraid to try them out. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Just save often. And you can always erase.

For those of you who have trouble with your photos not enlarging when you click on them, there is a trick to that. If you load the photographs first in the order in which you want them to appear, they will enlarge. In other words, load the last one first. IF you move them around after loading, 9 times out of 10 they won't.

And all of the cute "stuff" you see on people's blogs....just click on them and they are linked to the original source. You can then follow the bouncing ball to do your own thing.

Hope this helps!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Thanks for the tip about the pictures. I was wondering why sometimes they worked and other times....no. :) I love your applique!

Carol said...

OMG! You make it sound so easy. I struggled the other night to get pictures to even show up. I could only do 4 pictures at a time and then I couldn't figure out what to do next. I think I need to come to your house for a one on one tutorial session. LOL!

Nicole said...

Love the new look of your banner. Isn't it fun to be able to change things around? It took me forever to figure it out and I still have to double check to make sure that the banner I made is still there and hasn't reverted to some generic thing.

G'G'ma said...

Oh, wow, that is one of the things I've been wondering about. I'm very new to blogland and see so many things that I wonder about...and if I can ever learn how to do them. Thanks so much for that info.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could tell me how you put your picture in the header and it expands like that. Every time I put mine in, it comes out all teeny. It's driving me nuts! I have figured out everything about modifying my blog HTML, but that one is stumping me.