Friday, November 2, 2007

Running the Gauntlet

I have been challenged by Nicole, and I accept that challenge. This is the quilt that is currently on my bed and it will live there until December 1, when, hopefully, my new Christmas Quilt will be back from the quilter, and bound.

You will recognize this pattern as a Yellow Brick Road, I am sure. I made it several years ago with a Moda collection, but I don't remember the name of it. It is one of my comfort quilts.



This is the table and chair that "repose" beside my bed and where I "repose" my weary body to chat with my internet friends. Notice the serene feeling that seems to emanate from this corner of my world.

9 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love your quilts. Yellow Brick Road is a fun pattern. I've made I think four quilts by that pattern. Also your fabrics are beautiful. Love your chair too.

Mar said...

Great Yellow brick road! and your quilt of the month is a beauty too! Ahh fun to see where you communicate. hey are those bags of fabric there? ;-)

Nicole said...

My daughter made a Yellow Brick Road quilt for each of her five bridesmaids last year! I love yours and do remember that Moda collection. I also really like the glimpse you gave us of the quilt on the back of your chair.

Lisa D. said...

Very nice and cozy, Perry. I love the quilt flung over your chair too!

SuBee said...

Hi Perry! It's a pleasure to "meet" you! It's fun to see what's on our beds, and yours is so inviting. Comfort quilt indeed - I love that it looks so warm and cuddly.
Great blog, by the way!

Darlene said...

Very pretty quilt!

Nan said...

What a lovely quilt, Perry! Love the cozy chair and quilt, too. Thanks for sharing!

Gizmo said...

OMG - you are only the second person in the world (that I know of), that has used that fabric line! A few days ago, I posted pictures on my blog of my (newly) quilted top.

I only have the selvage from the small roses, and it reads - Peace Creek Drygoods by Brackman and Thompson for Moda Roadside Rose 1880-1905.

The quilt is gorgeous, and your chair looks very inviting!

Granny Fran said...

I love your chair, it looks wonderfully comfortable as well as beautiful!