Thursday, November 15, 2007

Calico Craze Update

This is the Lori Smith pattern that started it all. It is called Patchwork Sampler. There are only 51 blocks of 3 different sizes in it. I am making this quilt in Calico Craze. An ongoing project as making one block takes me several hours.


This is the old cutting table in disarray as I try to figure out what to cut next in the battle of the block.



The only one I got finished today.
And this is the quilt I am making from batiks, plaids, and stripes. I finally got all of the blocks made, now for the sashings and cornerstones, and borders. I wanted a picture of it before it is put away until the first of the year. I don't think I will be able to get back to it until then.

7 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Wow! You're brave. I think that Lori Smith pattern would drive me nuts. But it sure is pretty. Can't wait to see yours.

Lisa D. said...

Wow - 2 beautiful projects, but I especially love your Calico Craze blocks! I'm doing my first Lori Smith sampler (Golden Memories) as a BOM from Homestead Hearth and I can see myself doing many more in the future. I just love putting together the puzzle pieces!

Nan said...

Those Lori Smith-inspired blocks are beautiful!! I cannot wait to see them all put together!
Your other quilt is marvelous, too! What an incredible idea to put batiks, plaids, and stripes together. You are a very smart and talented lady!

Teodo said...

Perry thanks for your visit on my blog in Italy.
Your works are MERAVIGLIOSI (wonderful) and............
i like your purlpe streaks.......
ciao ciao

atet said...

Ooooh...love those blocks and the batik/stripes/plaids quilt. What fun -- too bad you have to put it away -- at this stage I wouldn't be able to resist finishing the top!

Darlene said...

Beautiful stuff!

Shelina said...

Both of these quilts are beautiful, in their own way. From the traditional sampler block, and the more contemporary one with the batiks. ONLY 51 blocks. uh huh. That sounds like a lot to me, but I do understand what you are saying, since I am working on Dear Jane.