Sunday, November 4, 2007

Starbucks

I love Starbucks. My favorite is a grande double-blended Mocha Frappacino. I am so addicted to them that I have a reloadable Starbucks card with the “lady with the arms” on it. I have 2 locations within a mile of me and 2 others within 3 miles of me. I also buy Starbucks Breakfast Blend and mix it half and half with the flavor of the month and that is what I drink. I think I may have a habit here, lol.

These are the cups I bought for the grandkids. They will go in their Christmas presents. I know they are Halloween, but I got them for half price, lol.



In my quest for a good cup of coffee I bought a coffee press from Starbucks. It has become a morning ritual with me to make 2 cups of coffee. The press makes the best cup of coffee I have ever tasted.

You start with a clean press. It uses no electricity. Then you bring water to a boil.

I grind the coffee beans coarsely and put them in the bottom of the press.
Then I pour the boiling water over the beans, stir them up, and put the lid on.
Set the timer for 4 minutes, push the plunger down, and pour. And that's all there is to it.

If you like coffee you need to try this. Do you have a favorite coffee or method of making it? My friend Cindy uses a Tassimo system. I was talking to her about it today, and have ordered one. I was interested because you can get other beverages for it, and make only one cup at a time. I intend to use it for cappucino or hot chocolate. Aud loves hot chocolate, and winter is coming. However, I don't see how it could possibly taste as good as my pressed coffee.

9 comments:

May Kristin said...

Hi, and thank you for your nice comment on my blog!
Starbuck's coffee........mmmmm, I love it! But sadly I can't get it here in Norway! So when I go either to England to visit my sister, or to the US on vacation, my goal is to have my Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato! Mmm, then I am in heaven!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I have a press too, but haven't used it since the Great French Press Accident several years ago. I learned the hard way, if you are pressing the plunger down and you meet any type of resistance, stop, pull it up and start over again. I just forced it and well, the danged thing "burped" and hot scalding coffee flew everywhere, all over the ceiling, the walls, floor, ME! I had a horrible burn on my right arm from the wrist all the way up to my elbow, it was horrible. I don't think I used it again since. But you're right, it does make a great cup of coffee.

Nicole said...

I am addicted to Cinnamon Dolce Lattes. I get the non fat version, and I have to crack up when they always ask me "Do you want whipped cream on that?" Um, no, wouldn't that defeat the whole non-fat thing?
Now that Christmas is on the far horizon, they have brought out the Peppermint Mocha, which is too good to pass up.

Cindy said...

I am telling you Perry the coffee is just as good. I don't know if you can get Seattle's Best in OK but I can get it at Target here for the discs for our machine. You know how much I love Starbucks myself--but look how much money you are going to save by not running to Starbucks everyday. Do you want some of the Seattle Best discs? Nichole--have you tried the Gingerbread lattes--yum, yum. Can't wait.

Cheryl said...

I am not a coffee drinker, but I love Starbucks Tangerine juice blended - yummmmmmmmmmmy - and of course their breakfast treats :-)!

Perry said...

I have enjoyed all of your comments and thank you for posting. I have a Target and will check them for the Seattle's Best. Can anyone tell me if the Tassimo discs are interchangeble with other single server offerings?

Teodo said...

ciao,
thanks for your virtual visit in Italy.
I love coffee very short (espresso).
ciao ciao

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I'm a fiend for coffee, but I don't ever do anything fancy. Just a drip coffeemaker. And my favorite coffee is Folgers Black Silk. It's wonderful. I'm not crazy about Starbucks. Their coffee tastes like they roasted it too long--sort of a burnt taste to me. But I know a lot of people love it.

Nan said...

I have always been fascinated by the French press way of making coffee. Thanks for the photos!
I have an espresso machine, and absolutely love the coffee I make with it, but it's such a mess to clean up! Takes away from quilting time, you know!